Superfood Caramel Popcorn
Satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking your healthy eating resolution! This popcorn is full of superfoods like flax, goji berries and almonds.
10 cups freshly popped popcorn
1/4 cup goji berries and/or raisins
1/4 cup almonds, slivered or coarsely chopped
1/4 cup coconut, flaked or shredded
2 tablespoons flax seeds
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon Snappy Sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup granules
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees and coat a large baking sheet with butter.
2. Toss popcorn with flax seeds, raisins, goji berries, almonds and coconut, set aside.
3. Combine brown sugar, Snappy Sugar, maple syrup granules, salt, butter and water in a saucepan. Working quickly, heat the mixture over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until fully dissolved and bubbly.
4. Drizzle hot caramel sauce over popcorn mixture, toss and spread on baking sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, tossing and stirring every 10 minutes until caramel is set and shiny. Turn out onto parchment paper to cool.
More Delicious Recipes