Orange Vanilla Waffles with Cinnamon
Liven up your breakfast or brunch with this fluffy whole wheat waffles recipe flavored with vanilla extract, a burst of orange flavor and cinnamon!
Share with your friends
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped (optional, but recommended for best flavor)
- Orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, orange zest, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
- In a large bowl, combine orange juice, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla and vanilla bean seeds, if desired. Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Grease the waffle iron, if needed. Cook waffles in the iron according to iron directions.
- Top with orange zest and orange slices, if desired, then serve with maple syrup.