Strawberry Black Rice Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette
Total Time: 1 hrs
Hands-on Time: 15 mins
Makes: 4 servings
FOR THE DRESSING:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
FOR THE SALAD:
1 cup black rice
1 3/4 cups water
1 1/2 cups frozen edamame
4 scallions, white and light green parts only, finely chopped
8 ounces strawberries, hulled and quartered
1/2 cup Italian parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, garlic powder, crushed red pepper and salt. Whisk until well blended, then set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, bring rice and water to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes, until rice is soft yet chewy and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small pot, bring a small amount of water to a boil. Add edamame and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, until edamame is bright green and tender. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water.
- In a large serving bowl, combine black rice, edamame, scallions, strawberries and parsley. Stir gently until well combined.
- Toss salad with dressing. Garnish with parsley and serve.
To Make the Dressing:
To Make the Salad: