1 tablespoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
2 tablespoons Simply Organic Paprika
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Rosemary
2 tablespoons fleur de sel or sea salt
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Black Pepper
1 prime rib (5 bones, about 6 pounds), allowed to sit at room temperature covered with a towel for 3 hours before roasting
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine garlic powder, paprika, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Place prime rib in bowl and evenly coat with spice mixture.
3. In the bottom of a large casserole dish, place a rack. Place prime rib, bone-side down, on rack. Place rack in the middle of the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees, rotate the dish 180 degrees, then roast for about 1 hour and 12 minutes (12 minutes per pound), until a thermometer inserted in the center of the meat reads 125 to 130 degrees.
5. Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
For optimal doneness and flavor, the internal temperature and rest period are very important. If the internal temperature exceeds 125-130 degrees, pressure may build and cause the flavorful juices to escape along the grains of the meat, resulting in an overdone, dry roast. When removed from the oven at the right temperature and allowed to rest, the flavorful juices evenly distribute throughout the whole roast.
From this recipe
Simply Organic Simply Organic Garlic Powder 3.64 oz. SKU: 18516$8.31
Simply Organic Simply Organic Paprika, Ground 2.96 oz. SKU: 18765$6.49
Simply Organic Simply Organic Rosemary Leaf, Whole 1.23 oz. SKU: 18610$4.99
Simply Organic Simply Organic Black Pepper, Medium Grind 2.31 oz. SKU: 18523$6.99