Slow Cooker Chili con Carne
Total Time: 05h 15m
Hands-on Time: 00h 15m
Makes: 4 servings
Simplify your chili con carne recipe with Simply Organic Spicy Chili Seasoning Mix.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds beef, cut into chunks
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 packet Simply Organic® Spicy Chili Seasoning Mix
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add beef and cook for about 3 minutes, until browned.
- Transfer mixture to a slow cooker and add jalapeño, tomato paste, broth, tomatoes and seasoning mix. Stir until well combined. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings.
- If you prefer milder chili, use our Mild Chili Seasoning Mix.