Ginger and Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
A classic chicken noodle soup recipe made with a rich, hearty homemade broth and well spiced with ginger, turmeric and black pepper. Vibrant and comforting, you just can't go wrong!
Share with your friends
- For the Broth:
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 2 onions, skin on, quartered
- 3 carrots, unpeeled, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, skin on
- 2 large bone-in chicken breasts, skin on
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 bunch parsley stems
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Whole Black Peppercorns
- 2 Simply Organic® Bay Leaves
- For the Soup:
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, leaves shredded and stems sliced
- 2 cups reserved cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt, to taste
- Simply Organic® Black Pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces Gemelli pasta, cooked (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, turmeric and salt. Stir until well combined.
- In a small roasting pan, place onions, carrots, celery, garlic, chicken breasts and chicken wings. Season chicken and vegetables with the spice mixture, then roast for about 1 hour, until vegetables and chicken are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Remove chicken from the bone and reserve meat and bones separately.
- In a pressure cooker, add bones, chicken and vegetables. Add a little water to the roasting pan to remove fond from the bottom, then pour into pressure cooker. Add parsley, peppercorns and bay leaves.
- Fill pressure cooker pot with cold water, cover with lid and let cook on high pressure for 1 hour. Let pressure naturally release for 20 minutes before manually releasing remaining pressure.
- Remove lid, discard bones and strain broth through a fine mesh strainer into a large soup pot.
- Place soup pot filled with broth over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery and chard stems. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, shred reserved chicken.
- When vegetables are tender, add chicken and chard leaves to pot. Cook for about 5 minutes more, until chard is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Add cooked pasta, if desired, then garnish with parsley, and serve.