Chickpea And Cauliflower Turmeric Curry
A delicious weeknight favorite, this easy creamy Chickpea and Cauliflower Turmeric Curry is ready in no time. Loaded with ground spices and highlighting the flavor of Simply Organic® Turmeric, this dish is incredibly flavorful and delicious! Not only is this a great way to incorporate vegetables and plant protein into your diet, but it's the perfect recipe to always keep in your back pocket!
Bonus tip: This recipe also packs a curcumin kick thanks to Simply Organic® Ground Turmeric.
Share with your friends
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (1-inch) knob ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Simply Organic® Bay Leaves
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Coriander
- 4 teaspoons Simply Organic® Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into medium florets
- 2 cans (13.5 ounces each) full-fat coconut milk
- Kosher salt, as needed
- 2 cans (15.5 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedge, to serve
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Into a food processor, add garlic, onion and ginger, and process until coarsely chopped.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add bay leaves and sauté for 15 seconds. Add garlic, onion and ginger and sauté for about 8 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Add turmeric, cayenne, coriander, cumin and black pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes, then add crushed tomatoes and stir to mix well.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes until oil separates and paste is brown. Use a wooden spoon to scrape any brown bits off bottom of pot.
- Reduce heat to low and add cauliflower, coconut milk and kosher salt to taste. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chickpeas and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Mix everything to incorporate well.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice and garnish with cilantro. Serve with steamed rice.