Almond Flour Brownies with Turmeric Date Tahini Caramel
Chocolate and tahini date caramel come together to create a one-of-a-kind taste in these delicious gluten-free brownies featuring surprising baking stars: Single Origin Guatemalan Turmeric and Sri Lankan Black Peppercorn.
Share with your friends
- For the Turmeric Tahini Date Caramel:
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons Single Origin by Simply Organic® Guatemalan Turmeric
- 8 dates, pitted, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- Pinch of Single Origin by Simply Organic® Sri Lankan Black Peppercorn
- For the Brownie Batter:
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Into a food processor, add all Turmeric Tahini Date Caramel ingredients and process for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Once dates have begun to break down into small pieces, stream in 1 cup warm water and process until very smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large heat-safe bowl, add butter and chocolate chips, and place over a simmering pan of water, making sure water is not touching bottom of bowl. Stir until smooth and completely melted. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add sugar, eggs and vanilla; whisk until smooth.
- Add almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; whisk until well combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared baking pan. Dollop about ½ cup date caramel in teaspoon-sized spoonfuls all over surface of batter. Using a skewer or butter knife, swirl batter with date caramel using an up and down motion until desired look is achieved. Reserve excess date caramel for another use.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the top is set and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly, cut into 9 squares and serve.