NORWAY, IOWA (Jan. 23, 2018) -- In support of organic products and agriculture, Simply Organic has announced the 2018 Giving Fund grant recipients. These grants will help fund organizations and projects around the world to improve communities and the practice of organic agriculture.
“We are so pleased to support all our grant winners in their efforts to grow, share and advance organic agriculture and organic foods,” said Director of Marketing, Ellen Bouchard. “These organizations do phenomenal work nourishing communities, and their goals align beautifully with the Simply Organic brand and Frontier Co-op.”
Since 2001, Simply Organic’s Giving Fund has bettered the lives of small organic growers and their communities in developing countries by giving more than $1.5 million to organic projects. In 2018, Simply Organic will provide $100,000 to 13 different organizations.
Organizations and projects receiving grants in 2018 include:
- Florida Organic Growers and Consumers, Inc. in Gainesville, Florida supports and promotes organic and sustainable agriculture by educating consumers, farmers, future farmers, businesses, policy makers and the general public.
- Georgia Organics in Atlanta, Georgia connects organic food from Georgia farms to Georgia families by building supply through grower education and outreach, and growing demand on the consumer and business end by encouraging market opportunities for local food.
- Agriculture and Land Based Training Association in Salinas, California generates opportunities for farm workers and limited-resource, aspiring farmers to grow and sell crops from two organic farms in Monterey County.
- Ceres Community Project in Santa Rosa, California provides low-income people struggling with serious health challenges with free and low-cost, home-delivered, nourishing organic meals prepared by youth volunteers ages 14 and up.
- Garden Raised Bounty in Olympia, Washington partners with youth and people with low incomes to create empowering individual & community food solutions.
- Green Plate Special in Seattle, Washington inspires and empowers youth to experience food in new ways through gardening, cooking and eating together.
- Holistic Management International in Albuquerque, New Mexico educates people in regenerative agriculture for healthy land and thriving communities.
- Mesa Verde Gardens in Watsonville, California works alongside residents of Santa Cruz County to improve food security and nutrition.
- Organic Growers School in Ashville, North Carolina provides hands-on training, workshops, conferences and partnerships to strengthen and celebrate each grower’s move toward self-reliance.
- Sierra Harvest in Nevada City, California is dedicated to educating, inspiring and connecting western Nevada County’s families to fresh, local, and seasonal foods.
- The Northeast Organic Farming Association/Massachusetts in Barre, Massachusetts educates and advocates to promote organic agriculture and expand the production and availability of nutritious food from living soil.
- Farmshare Austin in Cedar Creek, Texas works to grow a healthy local food community by increasing food access, teaching new farmers and preserving farmland.
- Archi’s Institute for Sustainable Agriculture in Escondido, CA provides training programs for new agricultural entrepreneurs.
To learn more about the Simply Organic Giving Fund, visit http://www.simplyorganic.com/community/about/giving-back.
Simply Organic, an all-organic brand from Frontier Co-op®, offers an extensive and growing selection of certified organic spices, seasonings, and baking flavors while supporting organic agriculture around the globe. Simply Organic genuinely offers "Pure.Simple.Joy.” Find out more about Simply Organic at www.simplyorganic.com.
Founded in 1976 and based in Norway, Iowa, Frontier Co-op offers a full line of products for natural living under the Frontier Co-op, Simply Organic, and Aura Cacia brands. Products include culinary herbs, spices and baking flavors; bulk herbs and spices; and aromatherapy products — with a wide selection of organics. Frontier Co-op’s goal is to provide consumers with the highest-quality products while supporting and promoting social and environmental responsibility. For more information, visit the co-op's website at www.frontiercoop.com.