Wild Rice and Roasted Vegetables Medley
A simple savory wild rice and roasted vegetables recipe made with wild and brown rice, sweet potatoes, onions and cranberries.
Share with your friends
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked short grain brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 4 teaspoons Simply Organic® All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Thyme
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a medium-sized pot over high heat, combine wild rice, brown rice, vegetable stock and 2 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and let cook for about 45 minutes, until all liquid has absorbed. Remove cover and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add thyme and balsamic vinegar. Stir until well combined, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Evenly spread sweet potatoes and onion on baking sheet, then toss with olive oil until well coated.
- Season with remaining 2 teaspoons all-purpose seasoning and salt, then bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine rice and vegetables. Add cranberries and stir gently until well combined. Serve hot.