Vegetarian Stuffed Potato Skins
Indulge in the goodness of this vegetarian stuffed potato skins recipe. Packed with cheese, vegetarian bacon bits and an Italian seasoning medley, these potatoes are just oh so satisfying.
Share with your friends
- 4 baking potatoes, rinsed and poked several times with a fork
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetarian bacon bits (make sure you buy gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 packet Simply Organic® Italian Dressing Mix
- Sliced green onions or chives, for garnish
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, place potatoes. Bake for 1 hour, until soft.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese, butter, vegetarian bacon bits and dressing mix. Stir until well combined.
- Slice baked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out potato flesh, leaving 1/4 inch along the edges of the skin. Lay potato halves skin-side down on baking sheet and fill each with cheese mixture. Return to oven and broil for 5 to 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with green onions or chives and serve with sour cream.