Vegetarian Dirty Rice and Beans
A vegetarian version of a delicious signature Cajun dirty rice recipe — made with kidney beans and well spiced with parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, cayenne and black pepper.
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add green pepper, onion and celery. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, cayenne and black pepper. Stir until well combined, then add to sautéed veggies.
- Add beans, rice and vegetable stock. Stir until well combined and cook for about 5 minutes, then serve hot.