Vegan Turmeric Tofu Scramble with Nutritional Yeast
This vegan tofu scramble recipe bursts with flavor and color, thanks to red peppers and bright green kale seasoned with earthy garlic, paprika, turmeric and nutritional yeast.
Share with your friends
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, crumbled and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons tamari (wheat and gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Simply Organic® Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups kale pieces, torn and de-stemmed
- Drain moisture from tofu by placing a heavy plate or skillet over top of it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tamari, water, 1 teaspoon olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric and nutritional yeast. Whisk until well blended.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add red pepper and onion, and sauté until translucent.
- Add tofu and sauce. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until well combined and tofu is a bright yellow color.
- Add kale and sauté until bright green. Serve immediately.