Vegan Eggnog with Cashew Milk
Whip up this simple vegan eggnog recipe made with cashew milk, organic vanilla extract, Ceylon cinnamon, clove and nutmeg.
Share with your friends
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Nutmeg, plus more for serving
- In a high-speed blender, combine cashews, water and coconut milk. Blend for 60 seconds, until well combined.
- Strain milk through a fine mesh sieve, then return to blender. Add dates, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; blend for 40 to 60 more seconds, until smooth.
- Pour eggnog into a storage jar and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, until thick, or up to 1 week.
- Serve cold and topped with a pinch of nutmeg.
- To save time, skip the sieve step as the cashews leave behind very little, if any, pulp.
- For an extra-thick eggnog, substitute coconut cream for the coconut milk.
- Try this eggnog as a dairy-free coffee creamer!