Vegan Buddha Bowl with Guacamole
Sweet potatoes, chickpeas, quinoa, kale and guacamole meet in this power-packed vegan Buddha Bowl recipe. The guacamole comes together in seconds thanks to Simply Organic Guacamole Mix Sauce.
Share with your friends
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 3/4 teaspoons sea salt or Himalayan pink salt, divided
- 2 cups water
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped (no need to peel)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cumin
- 1 bunch (about 10 large leaves) lacinato kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 packet Simply Organic® Guacamole Mix Sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- In a medium-sized pot over high heat, combine quinoa, 1/4 teaspoon salt and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes, until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy, then fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a sheet pan, toss sweet potatoes and chickpeas with olive oil, cumin and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until chickpeas are crispy and sweet potatoes are soft.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sprinkle remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt evenly over kale. Massage salt into kale for 15 seconds to break down the tough leaves. Add lime juice and garlic, then toss to combine.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mash avocados. Add guacamole mix to the avocados and stir to combine.
- Divide quinoa, kale, sweet potato and chickpeas among serving bowls. Top with guacamole and pumpkin seeds.
- Mix it up by adding other seasonal veggies — like zucchini, mushrooms or bell peppers — to the sweet potato and chickpea mixture.