Vanilla Snickerdoodle Cookies
Buttery, delicious vanilla-cinnamon cookies enhanced with fresh vanilla bean flavor — made easy thanks to Simply Organic® Vanilla Bean Paste. Moist and chewy, these are great on their own — and delightful with home-made vanilla bean ice cream sandwiched between them.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Share with your friends
- For the Cookies:
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon sea or Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste
- For the Cinnamon-Sugar Coating:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea or Himalayan pink salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cream of tartar, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar at medium-high speed for 4 to 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and vanilla paste, continuing to mix, then add eggs one at a time. Mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, and mix just until combined. Don't overmix.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Hand-shape chilled dough into balls about ping-pong-ball size. Roll each in cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat well.
- On prepared baking sheet, place cookie balls 2 to 3 inches apart. Using the bottom of a glass measuring cup or large drinking glass, press cookie balls to flatten to a depth of 1/2 inch.
- Bake on center rack for 7 to 8 minutes. Cookies should come out slightly under-baked, so they are soft enough to bite into once frozen if using for ice cream sandwiches. Cool cookies completely on wire rack. Store in an airtight container.