Vanilla-Orange Glazed Chicken
This baked chicken recipe features a glaze with the perfect balance of sweet organic vanilla flavoring, zippy shallots and fresh citrus.
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 medium shallots, peeled and julienne
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Orange Peel
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons Simply Organic Vanilla Flavoring
1 teaspoon Frontier Sea Salt
8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, or your favorite cuts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
Orange twists or slices for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees (this step can wait until tomorrow if you choose to marinate overnight).
2. In a medium saucepan, combine stock, vinegar, shallots, brown sugar, orange zest, juice and vanilla flavoring. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Do not permit to boil over. Reduce heat, and simmer until slightly thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes), thus producing a glaze. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
3. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken pieces and the glaze. Cover and refrigerate, for 1 hour to overnight.
4. Grease a large casserole or sheet pan with olive oil (unnecessary for nonstick pans or Silpat® liners). Arrange the chicken on the greased pan and season with remaining salt and the ground pepper.
5. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then remove, turn each piece of chicken over, rotate the pan 180 degrees and return to the oven. Bake another 10 minutes.
6. Use an instant-read meat thermometer to be sure the chicken has reached 170 degrees. Remove from the oven, cover and let rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with orange.
This dish is also delicious grilled over oak or mesquite hardwood. Cook low and slow, and turn frequently to minimize charring.
Pure, organic vanilla flavoring — same great flavor as the extract, without the added alcohol.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes