Vanilla Cornbread with Cinnamon Honey Butter
Total Time: 00h 45m
Hands-on Time: 00h 20m
Makes: 12 servings
A simple, slightly sweet, moist vanilla cornbread recipe with cinnamon honey butter.
Share with your friends
- For the Cornbread:
- 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the Cinnamon Honey Butter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9-inch square pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until well mixed.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs, then add buttermilk, honey and vanilla. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then add melted butter. Stir until just combined, taking care not to over-mix.
- Spread batter into pan, then use a spatula to smooth top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the center is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine softened butter, honey, cinnamon and vanilla. Use a mixer to whip for about 5 to 7 minutes, until smooth and fluffy.
- Serve cornbread warm or at room temperature with honey butter.