Vanilla Bean Apple Pie
Fill your kitchen with the warm aromas of vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and nutmeg. Then watch your guests perk up when this apple pie emerges from the oven.
Share with your friends
- 3 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Bean, scraped
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 9-inch unbaked pie crust
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss apples with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar and vanilla bean. Stir until well combined, then add 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, nutmeg, 3 tablespoons flour and salt.
- Pour over apples and mix until well coated, then put in prepared, unbaked pie crust.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and butter. Mix until well combined, then add remaining 1/2 cup flour and oats. Spread evenly over pie filling. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Use a mix of tart and sweet apples for more well-rounded flavor. Cortland, Fuji, Granny Smith, Jonagold and Rome Beauty are all good choices for baking.