Umami Zucchini Breakfast Skillet
Zucchini makes for a healthy breakfast in this delicious one-skillet meal, paired with crisped red potatoes, onions and vegan sausage, complemented with tangy tomatoes and feta cheese, and seasoned with our Original Umami Blend.
Share with your friends
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into small bite-sized cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Simply Organic® Original Umami Blend
- 4 vegan or regular sausage links, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Simply Organic® Crushed Red Chili Peppers, to taste
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and heat for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, stirring to coat with oil. Let brown and crisp for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are golden brown and potatoes are al dente. Add umami blend seasoning and stir to coat each potato well.
- Add sausage and let each piece sear and develop a crispy layer. This may take up to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to avoid burning. Add additional umami blend if desired.
- Increase heat to high and add tomatoes and zucchini, gently stirring to combine.
- Crack each egg into a separate part of the pan; cover and cook for 4 minutes.
- Top with feta, tomatoes and red chili flakes to serve.