Sweet Potato Pie
Organic spices bring out the best of sweet potatoes, which produce a lusciously colored, rich and delicious holiday pie.
Share with your friends
- 2 cups cooked and cooled sweet potato
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or Himalayan pinksalt
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk (any variety) or cream
- 1 pie shell (9-inch)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together sweet potato flesh and butter until creamy. Add remaining filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.
- If you'd like to make a deep-dish pie, simply multiply the recipe by half again as much and use a deep-dish 9-inch crust (and plan to cook a little longer).