Spicy Homemade Popcorn with Nutritional Yeast
This easy spicy popcorn is a delicious mix between taco seasoning and nacho flavors, a cheesy spice filled healthy snack!
Share with your friends
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon Simply Organic® Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cumin Seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- Combine spices in a small bowl and mix together.
- Place ½ tablespoon coconut oil in a medium sauce pot over high heat.
- Once hot, add the popcorn kernels and cover with a lid.
- Shake the pot to coat the kernels in the melted coconut oil.
- Once kernels start to pop, shake the pot continuously to prevent burning. Keep the pot on the heat until popping slows to about 3 seconds apart.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl and toss with the remaining ½ tablespoon coconut oil.
- Add the spice mixture to the bowl and toss well with a spatula until it coats all the popcorn evenly.
- Serve immediately.