Spicy Bloody Mary
A twisted mix of cardamom, garam masala and ground chipotle infuse this uniquely spiced Bloody Mary recipe with devilishly distinctive flavor. For your next Halloween party, float a radish-and-olive "eyeball" on top for an extra spooky touch (directions included).
Share with your friends
- 2 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces organic vegetable juice, such as R.W. Knudsen Very Veggie®
- 1 ounce stout or other dark beer
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon caper or dill pickle brine
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Chipotle Powder
- 1 pinch Simply Organic® Ground Cardamom
- 1 pinch Simply Organic® Garam Masala
- 1 pinch Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 medium-large radish
- 1 small Spanish olive
- Salt the rim of a highball glass and fill with ice. In a tall shaker, mix all ingredients, then fill with ice. Seal and shake vigorously for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Strain the mix over the ice, float the radish “eyeball” garnish on top and serve.
- Using a melon baller or apple-coring tool, carve a hole the size of the Spanish olive out of the stem-end of the radish (it looks most “ghoulish” if the radish’s root is still attached). Stuff the olive, pimiento-side out, into the hole in the radish. Repeat as needed for additional drinks.
- This recipe multiplies well to make large batches. Multiply the above ingredients by four or eight and stir in a pitcher with ice, rather than use the shaker. It's also delicious without the alcohol, simply omit if desired.
- Serve with a fresh fennel frond or lovage to use as a straw.