Spiced Rum Coquito
Total Time: 00h 35m
Hands-on Time: 00h 15m
Makes: 5 servings
This coconut-based spiced rum coquito recipe will take your senses to the tropics.
Share with your friends
- For the Rims:
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pinch Simply Organic® Ground Cloves
- For the Coquito:
- 1 can (15 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract or Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cloves, plus more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg, plus more for topping
- Whipped cream, for topping
- In a wide shallow bowl, combine coconut, sugar and cloves. Stir until well blended.
- Dip rims of 5 glasses into a bowl of water, then into coconut-sugar mixture.
- Place glasses in freezer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a blender, combine coconut milk, coconut cream, whole milk, heavy cream, sugar, white rum, vanilla, cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pulse for 2 minutes, until frothy and thick.
- Pour into chilled glasses and top with whipped cream, a pinch of cloves and a pinch of nutmeg.
- For a colder drink, chill the coquito mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.