Spanish Paprika Gazpacho
This authentic cold soup made from fresh vegetables is the perfect way to cool off after those hot summer days. Light and flavorful with sweet depth from Spanish Paprika, this Spanish dish is the perfect complement to any meal.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE GAZPACHO:
- 10 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/ 4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Single Origin by Simply Organic® Spanish Paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground Single Origin by Simply Organic® Sri Lankan Black Peppercorn
- FOR SERVING:
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Olive oil, as needed
- Single Origin by Simply Organic® Spanish Rosemary to taste
- TO GARNISH (OPTIONAL):
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Radishes, thinly sliced
- Nasturtium flowers
- Olive oil
- In a high-speed blender, add plum tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, jalapeño, shallot, olive oil, vinegar, Spanish Paprika, sea salt and pepper. Process until smooth, adding cold water as needed to reach your desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, and vinegar as needed. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- One chilled, heat a grill or skillet over medium heat. Brush bread lightly with olive oil, then sprinkle with rosemary. Grill for about 1 minute per side, or until golden brown and toasty.
- Divide chilled soup among 4 bowls, add desired garnishes and serve with grilled bread.