Southwestern Stuffed Avocados with Lime-Cilantro Crema
Avocado cups stuffed with farro, black beans and the right spices make great appetizers or mini-meals on a bright, sunny day. Serve with an easy lime-cilantro crema for maximum Southwestern impact!
Share with your friends
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Adobo Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, cut in half, pit and a small bit of flesh removed
- 1/3 cup crema Mexicana (can substitute Greek yogurt)
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cayenne
- 4 sprigs cilantro leaves, minced
- Into bowl of quinoa, add black beans, salsa, adobo seasoning, chili powder, black pepper and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Spoon quinoa mixture into center of avocados.
- Whisk together crema Mexicana, lime juice and zest, and cayenne. Spoon over stuffed avocados, sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- In a medium pot, place quinoa and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 to 17 minutes. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large mixing bowl.