Soba Noodle Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing
Cloaked in an alluring, spicy ginger-peanut dressing and laced with black sesame seeds, this soba noodle salad recipe bursts with flavor, texture and color.
Share with your friends
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 8 ounces dried soba noodles
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Simply Organic® Black Sesame Seed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Crushed Red Pepper
- FOR GARNISH:
- 1 pinch Simply Organic® Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add soba noodles, reduce heat and simmer for about 7 to 8 minutes, until noodles are tender. Drain in a colander and run cold water through noodles.
- In a large bowl, toss soba noodles, carrots, cabbage, cucumber, scallions, sesame seed and cilantro.
- Into a small bowl, add rice vinegar, peanut butter, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, salt, garlic powder, ginger, cayenne and crushed red pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour dressing over noodles and toss until well combined. Garnish with sesame seeds and peanuts, then serve with lime wedges.