Snickerdoodle Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Get your cookies and ice cream all in one delicious bite with this exceptional ice cream cookie sandwich recipe. Fresh, pure vanilla bean flavor comes alive in these creamy-crispy, deliciously satisfying ice cream treats, thanks to luscious — and easy — Simply Organic Vanilla Bean Paste.
Share with your friends
- 1 batch Vanilla Snickerdoodle Cookies
- FOR THE ICE CREAM:
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 pinch sea or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- TO MAKE THE ICE CREAM:
- In a medium mixing bowl, add 1 cup heavy cream and vanilla bean paste; whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate while completing Steps 2 through 5.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine milk, sugar, a pinch of salt and the remaining 1 cup heavy cream. Stir and heat over medium-high until sugar is fully dissolved and mixture is steaming hot. Remove from heat, cover and let cool slightly.
- In a heatproof mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks.
- Very gradually, pour a thin stream of milk mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly. Continue pouring and whisking until half the milk mixture is incorporated into the eggs.
- Pour this custard mixture back into saucepan with remaining warmed milk and return pan to heat. Cook gently over low heat, stirring constantly for about 7 to 10 minutes, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove chilled bowl with heavy cream and vanilla paste from refrigerator. Using a fine mesh sieve, strain custard into vanilla cream. Stir together until vanilla paste is dispersed throughout.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight, at least 8 hours.
- In an ice cream maker, churn custard according to manufacturer's directions. Store in freezer in an airtight container.
- TO MAKE THE SANDWICHES:
- Line the bottom of a baking dish or other wide, freezer-friendly container with a single layer of cookies, bottom-side up.
- Place a rounded scoop of ice cream on each cookie, flatten ice cream slightly, then cover dish and freeze for at least 30 minutes, until ice cream is firm.
- Gently top each ice cream scoop with another cookie, bottom-side down. Freeze for at least 30 minutes more. And enjoy!