Sneaky Blueberry Muffins
This may look like your typical blueberry muffins recipe but it's hiding a healthy little secret. Packed inside is a cup of whichever vegetable or fruit puree you have on hand (our favorite is squash or a combination of squash and sweet potato).
Share with your friends
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil (vegetable, grapeseed, coconut, etc.)
- 1 cup puréed vegetable or fruit (such as squash, sweet potato, carrot, apple,& peach)
- 3 medium-sized ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease or line a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, brown sugar, oil, puréed vegetable or fruit and bananas. Mix until well combined.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and whisk in wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide mixture into muffin pan. Bake for about 18 to 22 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then move muffins to a cooling rack for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for a few days or freeze them.