Smoky Chicken Paprikash
This healthier version of a Hungarian classic dish is loaded with vegetables and features our smoked paprika.
2 8-ounce chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
2 tablespoons Frontier Flax Seed
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Yakima™ Applewood Smoked Sea Salt
1/8 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cayenne
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Black Pepper
1 tablespoon Frontier Organic Smoked Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Frontier Organic Garlic Granules
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 cup chicken broth (made with Frontier No Chicken Broth Powder
3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon Frontier Organic Cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and spray a 11x7-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Combine ground flax seed, flour, salt, cayenne, black pepper, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and garlic granules in a small bowl.
3. Dredge chicken pieces in dry mixture and place in non-stick pan. Surround chicken breasts with onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms and tomato. Pour chicken broth over chicken and vegetables, then evenly sprinkle vegetables and chicken with remaining smoked paprika.
4. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until done. (Chicken’s internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees when done.)
5. Combine yogurt and lemon juice in a saucepan. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ½ cup liquid mixture from baking dish. Stir into yogurt and lemon juice and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Pour yogurt sauce over chicken and vegetables.
As prepared, each serving contains 220 calories, 5g total fat, 75mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 13g total carbohydrate and 30g protein.