Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Pulled Pork with Fresh Slaw
This recipe begins with a simple rub featuring savory garlic, spicy crushed red pepper, zippy lemon pepper and warm ginger. Then, it dresses the melt-in-your-mouth texture of slow-cooked pulled pork with the crisp, creamy snap of fresh slaw.
Share with your friends
- For the Pork:
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Lemon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 2.5 pounds boneless pork loin roast, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Barbecue sauce, for serving (optional)
- For the Slaw:
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, to taste
- Simply Organic Black Pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, lemon pepper, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Place pork in slow cooker, rub spice mixture all over pork, then drizzle vinegar over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Serve with slaw and your favorite barbecue sauce, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrot. Toss until well mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Whisk vigorously until well blended. Pour over cabbage and carrot, then toss until evenly distributed.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.