Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
A big flavor slow cooker chicken curry recipe made with coconut milk, kale and organic spices. Serve over jasmine or basmati rice, garnished with fresh cilantro.
Share with your friends
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound 1 pound chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or pink Himalayan salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 white potato, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Curry Powder
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed if canned
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) full-fat coconut milk
- 2 packed cups kale, chopped
- 4 cups cooked jasmine or basmati rice, for serving
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken in pan and cook for about 5 minutes, just until the outside begins to brown. Add bell pepper and onion. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Into slow cooker, place chicken and vegetables, followed by potato, salt, pepper, cayenne, garlic powder, ginger, curry powder, chickpeas, broth and coconut milk. Cover and cook on high for about 5 hours, until potatoes and chicken are tender.
- Add kale to hot curry, then serve over rice, garnished with fresh cilantro.
- To make this recipe dairy free, substitute olive oil or ghee for the butter.
- For a twist, try spinach or Swiss chard instead of kale.