Savory Spiced Turkey Rub
Perfect the centerpiece of your feast with this turkey rub recipe made with all your favorite savory spices and herbs.
Recipe makes enough rub for one 12-pound turkey, and includes turkey roasting instructions.
Share with your friends
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Sage
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- 1 turkey (12 pounds), thawed
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine spices, herbs and salt. Stir until well mixed.
- Brush olive oil on turkey, then rub with seasoning mixture until evenly coated.
- On a flat rack in a shallow roasting pan, place turkey breast-side up.
- Roast for about 3 hours, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- For a rich, dark color, lightly sprinkle turkey with additional paprika after roasting.