Savory Grilled Turkey Burgers with Parsley and Thyme
Total Time: 00h 40m
Hands-on Time: 00h 30m
Makes: 4 servings
A tasty twist on turkey burgers with organic parsley, thyme and white pepper.
Share with your friends
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- Preheat your grill. Real wood charcoal tastes best, but gas works fine. Avoid briquettes; they make food taste like lighter fluid. Aim for medium-high heat – if your grill lid has a thermometer built into the lid, it should read about 375 degrees.
- Heat a sauté pan (see Chef's Suggestions) over medium flame, then add the olive oil and the minced onion. Sauté briefly, until just tender. Stir frequently and do not allow to brown.
- Add the salt and pepper, herbs and garlic, and sauté another 2 minutes, again not allowing it to brown.
- Deglaze by adding the Worcestershire sauce and wine. Simmer to reduce to almost dry, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Put the ground turkey in a large bowl, and add the cooled onion and garlic mixture. Mix thoroughly with clean, gloved hands.
- Form into 4 equally-sized (about 6 to 7 ounces) patties of preferred thickness.
- Grill over medium-high heat, until cooked through, roughly 5 minutes per side, per inch of thickness (i.e., if your patties are 1-inch thick, grill for 5 minutes per side). Use a meat thermometer to be sure the thickest part has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove from heat, top with cheese if you like, then let rest, covered, for 5 minutes before assembling onto buns with your favorite condiments.
- A sauté pan with a plastic or wooden handle is not recommended for use on the grill, as the handle can melt or burn. If using a pan with a plastic or wooden handle, complete steps 2 to 4 on the stovetop instead of the grill.
- To take the flavor in interesting new directions, consider sprinkling each burger with a Simply Organic herb blend right before grilling, such as Adobo, Herbes de Provence, Lemon Pepper or Garlic 'N' Herb.