Rosemary and Parmesan Cheese Scones
Total Time: 00h 40m
Hands-on Time: 00h 20m
Makes: 8 servings
Rosemary adds an herby goodness to this savory Parmesan cheese scones recipe.
Share with your friends
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Simply Organic® Rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, sugar, rosemary and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- Use a pastry cutter or clean hands to cut butter into the dry ingredients until coarse crumbs form.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and 1/2 cup milk. Beat until well blended, then pour into the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Use clean hands to form a ball out of the dough. On a piece of wax parchment paper, place dough and use your fingertips to push the dough outward into a circle until an inch-high patty forms.
- Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into 8 slices as though cutting a pizza or pie.
- Use a pastry brush to brush remaining 1 tablespoon milk over the scones. Separate the scones on the parchment paper.
- On a baking stone or baking sheet, place parchment paper and scones.
- Bake for 11 minutes, garnish scones with a few sprinkles of rosemary and Parmesan cheese, then bake for 5 to 7 more minutes.
- If desired, substitute freshly grated Asiago cheese for the Parmesan.