Rosemary and Garlic Roast Lamb
A fragrant mixture of rosemary and garlic complements the earthy richness of lamb in this elegant yet simple roast lamb recipe.
Share with your friends
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pat lamb dry and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until simmering. Add lamb and sear each side for 45 to 60 seconds each. Transfer to a roasting pan and let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, bread crumbs, rosemary and garlic powder. Stir until well mixed, then use to rub the lamb generously.
- Roast lamb in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until lamb reaches desired temperature (145 degrees for medium rare, 160 degrees for medium).
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes before carving into 1/2-inch-thick slices.