Pumpkin Spice Swirl Brownies
With your favorite autumn spices and creamy pumpkin, this decadent swirl brownies recipe combines fudgy, dark chocolate with a hint of pumpkin pie. We like to think of it as two desserts in one!
Share with your friends
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- 8 ounces 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line with parchment paper or grease an 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, pumpkin, 1 egg, vanilla, 1 cup granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 teaspoons granulated sugar and brown sugar. Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, add 4 remaining eggs and whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, sift together both flours, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add salt and stir until well combined.
- Add chocolate and butter mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour brownie batter into pan and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, use a spoon to make divots in the batter, then spoon the pumpkin mixture into the divots. Use a knife to swirl the pumpkin mixture into the chocolate brownie batter. Bake for 45 to 50 more minutes.
- Cool completely before running a knife around the edges and carefully removing the brownies. Cut and serve.