Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Bring three delightfully warm flavors — pumpkin spice, cinnamon and maple — together in this simple bundt cake recipe.
Share with your friends
- For the Cake:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pumpkin Spice
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and oil. Beat together with a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment on medium speed for 30 seconds, until fluffy. Add applesauce and beat for 30 seconds, then add pumpkin puree and beat for 40 seconds.
- Add pumpkin spice, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into wet ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Grease a bundt pan and sprinkle with extra flour. Pour batter into the bundt cake pan. Bake for 1 hour, until top is firm and golden.
- While the cake bakes, make the glaze. In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, maple syrup and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined, adding more milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert cake onto a rack. Allow to cool completely before pouring the glaze evenly over top.
- If you’re using organic powdered sugar, which tends to clump, sift through a fine mesh sieve first.
- For a dairy-free cake, substitute almond or cashew milk for the whole milk.
- For best flavor and freshness, only store the cake for 2 days after making.