This pumpkin butter recipe melds savory and sweet to create a delightful companion to pancakes, toast, muffins and more!
Share with your friends
- 1 package Simply Organic® Mulling Spice
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pumpkin purée
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup agave or honey
- Using a mortar and pestle, food processor or coffee grinder, finely grind mulling spices.
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from heat and serve immediately or let cool and store in refrigerator.
- If using the same coffee grinder to grind the spices as you do to grind coffee, the spices may take on a coffee aroma and flavor. If you wish to avoid this (and/or to avoid your coffee taking on the aroma and flavor of the spices), use a different grinder than you use to grind coffee.