Pineapple Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Yogurt Glaze
As if carrot cake wasn’t already the most satisfying way to get in some extra veggies, we’ve upped the game with our pure, organic vanilla extract, organic cinnamon, organic ginger, and organic nutmeg for amazing flavor.
Makes 1 (8-inch) cake; 18 servings.
Share with your friends
- For the Pineapple-Carrot Cake:
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons Simply Organic® Cinnamon + more for garnish
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger
- ½ teaspoon Simply Organic® Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup grated peeled carrot
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- For the Cream Cheese-Yogurt Glaze (makes about 1 cup):
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons clover honey
- 3 tablespoons full-fat plain Greek yogurt, room temperature
- 1¼ teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla at medium-low speed for about 1 minute until well combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until barely combined. Add carrot and pineapple; beat just until combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing into an even layer with a small offset spatula. Tap pan on a kitchen towel-lined counter a few times to settle batter and release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 to 26 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- When cake has cooled, make the Cream Cheese-Yogurt Glaze: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at medium speed for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add honey, yogurt, vanilla and salt; beat for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and well combined. Spread immediately onto cooled cake.
- Garnish cake with cinnamon, if desired, and serve immediately.