Panzanella a la Frontier (Italian Bread Salad)
1 loaf (1-pound) hearty, day old-bakery bread
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 package Simply Organic Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce
8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls, preferably Ciliegine (cherry-sized)
1 pint grape tomatoes
1/2 cup Kalamata olives
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut bread in 1-inch cubes, place on a large, rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and Spaghetti Sauce mix.
4. Drain the mozzarella balls and place in a large mixing bowl.
5. Slice the tomatoes and olives in half length-wise and place in the mixing bowl with mozzarella. Add the bread cubes.
6. Pour dressing over the mixture and thoroughly stir. Serve immediately.
For extra Italian flavor, top salad with a few tablespoons fresh chopped basil leaves.
Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce Mix
Tomato Basil Spaghetti Sauce Mix is best served by candlelight – but this sauce is so mouth-wateringly delicious that it’s a winner any time!
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes
As prepared, each serving contains 260 calories, 17g total fat, 15mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 22g total carbohydrate and 7g protein.