Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Cookies
A freezer-friendly breakfast cookie recipe made with coconut oil, cinnamon, maple syrup and applesauce. Use organic ingredients where possible.
Share with your friends
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil (liquid state)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup whole white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine maple syrup, applesauce, coconut oil, egg, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whisk until well combined.
- In a food processor, combine oats and walnuts. Pulse for about 20 to 30 seconds, just until coarse.
- Stir oats and walnuts mixture, flour and baking soda into the wet ingredients. Add raisins and gently fold until well combined.
- Scoop mini cookies onto a cookie sheet. For traditional “cookies,” flatten dough with the back of a greased or wet spoon or spatula before baking. For “cookie bites” keep the dough in mounds on the cookie sheet. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, depending on size.
- Serve warm or freeze in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw and reheat before serving.