Lemon Basil Hummus
Fresh lemon, basil and garlic meet paprika, onion powder and black pepper in this refreshing, big-flavored hummus.
Share with your friends
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, drained, reserving liquid
- 1 heaping cup fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea or Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Extra paprika, black pepper and olive oil for garnish
- In a food processor fitted with blade attachment, add chickpeas, basil, garlic, tahini, salt, paprika, onion powder and black pepper.
- With a strainer set over the processor bowl to catch the seeds, squeeze in juice of entire lemon. Secure lid and process while pouring in the olive oil. Ladle in 1/4 to 1/2 cup chickpea liquid until hummus has reached a desired consistency.
- Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, black pepper and a paprika. Serve with fresh vegetables or crisp pita chips.