Vegetarian Nachos with Southwest Black Beans and Avocado
Total Time: 00h 20m
Hands-on Time: 00h 15m
Makes: 2 - 4 servings
Give your vegetarian nachos recipe some southwest flair!
Share with your friends
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Southwest Taco Seasoning Mix, divided
- 30 to 35 corn tortilla chips, divided
- 4 ounces grated Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, diced, divided
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- Sour cream
- Cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add black beans and 1 teaspoon southwest taco seasoning. Stir to combine and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a baking sheet, spread half the tortilla chips in an even layer.
- Spoon half the bean mixture on top of the chips, then half the cheese and peppers. Repeat with another layer of tortilla chips, bean mixture, cheese and peppers.
- Top with jalapeño slices and remaining ½ teaspoon southwest seasoning. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Top with avocado, sour cream and cilantro. Serve hot.
- For a non-vegetarian version, add cooked shredded chicken or ground beef.