Sweet and Spicy Trail Mix with Black Sesame Seeds
Everyone needs a good trail mix recipe in their back pocket, and we have just the one! Meaty cashews, almonds, and black sesame seeds tossed in a sweet and spicy mix of spices including ginger, cinnamon and rosemary all placed in the oven and baked to crunchy perfection. Enjoy a handful as a snack or toss on some ice cream for a special treat!
Makes 3 cups trail mix.
Share with your friends
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/3 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Simply Organic® Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Ginger Root
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic® Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cashews, almonds, pepitas, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, rosemary, paprika, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour liquid mixture over nuts and seeds, then stir until evenly coated. Spread into an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until fragrant and golden brown.
- Stir occasionally to avoid sticking or burning. Let cool completely, then break up into clusters.
- Sprinkle over ice cream or yogurt, or eat by the handful as a snack!
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.