Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Hot Paprika
A Roasted Red Pepper Pasta with Hot Paprika that comes together with just a handful of ingredients in less than an hour. Savory, dairy-free but perfectly creamy with a spicy kick.
Share with your friends
- 8 ounces pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 red bell peppers, halved, seeds and stems removed (about 15 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic® Hot Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic® Italian Seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic® Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, or to taste
- Optional Garnishes:
- Grated Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain, reserving ¼ cup pasta water. Set pan of pasta aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On lined baking sheet, place red peppers, onion and garlic cloves and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until pepper skins are charred and peppers have collapsed.
- Remove from oven, cover peppers with a large piece of foil and let sit for about 15 minutes. (This process makes the skins easier to remove.) Remove pepper skins.
- In a food processor, place red peppers, onion, garlic, coconut milk, hot paprika, Italian seasoning and black pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Thin out sauce with reserved pasta water. Taste and season with salt and more black pepper as needed.
- Transfer to saucepan with cooked pasta and toss to combine. Warm gently if needed over medium-low heat.
- Divide between four bowls, garnish and serve.