Roasted Carrot and Harissa Hummus
Harissa-spiced carrots blend up into a creamy, flavorful roasted carrot hummus that's perfect for dipping, spreading or spooning.
Share with your friends
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Simply Organic® Harissa Seasoning
- 3/4 pound (about 4 medium-size) carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea or pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon harissa seasoning. Toss carrots in mixture.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 to 35 minutes, until completely soft, stirring halfway through.
- Transfer carrots to a food processor. Add chickpeas, garlic, salt, and remaining tablespoon harissa seasoning. Pulse about 5 pulses, until chopped.
- Add tahini and process 1 minute. With processor running, stream in remaining tablespoon olive oil, carrot juice and lemon juice, then process until smooth. Serve topped with chopped hazelnuts and a sprinkle of parsley.
- If you can’t find (or don’t want to use) carrot juice, use water or low-sodium vegetable broth instead. If you do buy carrot juice, enjoy the remaining juice in smoothies, soups and even cocktails.