Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Romesco Sauce
Total Time: 00h 25m
Hands-on Time: 00h 15m
Makes: 4 servings
Grilled cauliflower steaks meet a smoky Spanish Romesco sauce enlivened with organic paprika and cayenne.
Share with your friends
- For the Grilled Cauliflower:
- 2 large heads cauliflower, cut into 2 1-inch thick slices/steaks each (reserve extra for another use)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or other high-heat oil)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Simply Organic Paprika, divided
- For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup toasted plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Parsley
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted (in oven or pre-roasted, from a jar)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Green onion, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat grill or stove-top grill pan to high.
- On a large baking sheet, spread cauliflower steaks and brush both sides with grapeseed oil.
- Season each side with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon paprika.
- Grill for about 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until cooked through and charred.
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until roughly chopped.
- Add tomatoes, bread crumbs, vinegar, parsley, red pepper, garlic, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika and cayenne. Pulse until finely chopped and well blended.
- With food processor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil and process until smooth.
- Divide and spread sauce evenly among plates.
- Place grilled cauliflower on top of sauce and garnish with green onion.