Coconut Mango Ice Cream with Cardamom
There's nothing like a scoop of homemade ice cream. This coconut mango ice cream recipe is made with real coconut milk, a vibrant mango puree and a generous spoonful of fragrant cardamom.
Share with your friends
- 2 large ripe mangos, peeled and pitted, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Simply Organic® Cardamom, divided
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup canned coconut milk, stirred well to include thick portion from top
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup toasted coconut flakes, plus more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Simply Organic® Madagascar Vanilla Bean, scraped, or 1 tablespoon Simply Organic® Vanilla Bean Paste
- Slice 1 mango into large chunks. In a food processor, combine mango, honey, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon cardamom. Process until smooth, then set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine milk, coconut milk, heavy cream, sugar, coconut flakes, salt and vanilla bean scrapings or paste. Heat, stirring constantly, until hot but not quite boiling.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon cardamom, turn off heat and allow mixture to steep for 10 minutes.
- Add mango puree from step 1. Pour mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or over night, until completely cool.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Dice the remaining mango. Serve ice cream with a spoonful of coconut flakes and the diced mango.