Homemade BBQ Sauce for Cocktail Sausages
The best BBQ sauce doesn't come from a bottle; it's created from the perfect balance of sweet and heat. This homemade BBQ sauce is delicious with organic cocktail sausages, but also can be enjoyed anytime you'd normally reach for the bottled version!
1 can organic tomato sauce (15 ounces)
4 tablespoons dark brown sugar
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Oregano
, rubbed between fingers
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Chili Powder
1/4 teaspoon Simply Organic Cayenne Powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium yellow onion, diced small
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 packages organic cocktail sausages (12-ounce packages)
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, honey, lemon juice, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, yellow mustard, oregano, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Stir until thoroughly combined.
3. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat add the tablespoon of olive oil. Once hot, add in the diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add in the cocktail sausages and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the sauce over top, stir and place into a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve warm.
Crock pot method: In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in olive oil as described above. Instead of transferring to the oven, combine onion/garlic mixture, cocktail sausages and sauce in a crock pot on high heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and serve.
For the cocktail sausages, try Applegate's The Greatest Little Organic Smokey Pork Cocktail Franks.
This colorful, ground chili pepper will turn up the heat and color in your cooking. Use it in favorite ethnic recipes, or sprinkle it on at the table whenever a dish needs extra zip.
Complete product information, including description, product ingredients and price.
More Delicious Recipes